All appointments are scheduled in advance with Dr. Champion by contacting our office. If you are unable to keep an appointment, we kindly ask you to provide us with at least 48 hours notice. This courtesy will make it possible to give your appointment to another patient.
Dr. Champion and her staff welcome the opportunity to have you come in for an eye opening experience about plastic surgery and your specific desires for enhancement through plastic surgery. Our and your preparation for plastic surgery is at the forefront of our concerns in your consultation. Our mission is to develop a treatment plan that will meet your expectations through the highest quality of care.
The success and safety of your plastic surgery procedure depends largely upon your participation in the consultation process, pre-operative planning and post-operative care. All individuals interested in plastic surgery will be carefully evaluated to be certain that the procedure selected is the right choice for their concern.
Preparing for Consultation
In your consultation, please be prepared to provide the following information in as much detail as possible.
- Your goals, including the specific features that are bothersome to you
- Medication list, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, natural healing remedies and dietary supplements.
- Health History, including present and past medical conditions, surgical procedures, adverse anesthesia reactions, family history of disease, diagnostic testing results.
- Use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products
In your consultation, Dr. Champion will perform an evaluation that includes, but may not be limited to:
- Evaluate candidacy for the procedure you are interested in as well as your goals
- Examine the area to be treated through measurements and photos
- Provide a diagnosis for your condition
- Review the proposed treatment plan, adjuncts to treatment and alternatives to treatment
- Identify and present any risks associated with the procedure(s) of interest
- Review patient testimonials as well as before and after photos of patients with similar features and goals as yours
Planning for Plastic Surgery
In preparation for plastic surgery with Dr. Champion, you will be provided with a specific list of instructions to follow for your procedure. You may be asked to prepare for surgery in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Obtain lab testing, other diagnostic testing such as a mammogram for breast augmentation, and/or receive a complete medical exam
- Take certain medications and refrain from using other medications for up to two to four weeks prior to surgery
- Stop smoking at least two to four weeks prior to surgery.
- Refrain from alcohol use in the days prior to and following the procedure.
- Refrain from aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
- Prepare for an escort to drive you home from the procedure and stay with you for assistance through the initial recovery period
- Purchase medical supplies and recovery aids such as garments, when necessary, for select procedures.
Order SkinBetter Skincare
Purchase award winning products from skinbetter science online store for Angela Champion MD.